If you’re looking for an exhaustive list of biblical terms with definitions of what we believe about them, you’re not going to find it here. We can only tell you so much about Christian beliefs on a website. We’ll cover some of the big stuff to get you up to speed, but if you really want to know what we believe, you’ll have to come and get to know us, make a connection, and build a relationship. Hopefully, you’ll see the following ideas, lived out on a daily basis.
At a high level we believe…
- God is the creator of all things.
- God desires relationship with those He has made in his image – that’s us, humans.
- God’s preeminent desire is for humanity to be reconciled to Him so that we may enter into a love relationship with Him. He sent his Son, Jesus, to make that happen.
- By belief in and confession of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, we are redeemed of our sins and are able to enter into relationship with God.
- The Holy Spirit is God’s presence on earth, providing power, revelation, counsel, comfort, and conviction.
- Spiritual gifts exist for the edification of the Church, and we should desire them.
- We express our love to God by keeping his commands, most important of which, is loving others.
- Jesus called all believers in Him to be one – that is, the Church.
- The Church is God’s representation on earth – His Body.
At Citizens Church We believe that the Church is the best place for us to be if we want to be consistently and powerfully consumed by a love relationship with God. The Church is the vehicle God has chosen to accomplish his works in this world. We believe that we are a part of it…and we want you to be part of it, too!
* If you want to understand more about our Christian beliefs and our official position, as a Free Methodist Congregation, you can check it out here.